This is a full-time position where the candidate will be responsible for assisting in accounting operations of the company, including the monthly closure of the books of record, production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and enforcement of a comprehensive set of policies, procedures, and controls.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate daily cash flow needs; Review/Approve check runs and inter-company transfers
- Ensure accounts payable/receivable are processed in an accurate and timely fashion
- Ensure all corporate taxes such as 1099s, sales and use tax, and property tax returns are submitted timely and accurately.
- Review and certify monthly reconciliations
- Reconcile and close out balance sheet accounts and inter-company GL accounts if necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities such as general accounting, accounts payable, cash disbursements, fixed asset records, and payroll entries
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for Executives
- Interface with outside audit firms, banks, lessors, casualty/liability insurance agents, credit card companies, tax preparers, and collection agencies
- Maintain oversight regarding expenses of Field Engineering Services
- Enhance, update, and maintain policies and accounting procedures
Skills & Experience (Required)
- 2-3 years of experience leading/co-leading an accounting team
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively with multiple interruptions
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-through skills
- Clear communications: verbally and written
- Detail oriented; Ability to complete documentation in a timely manner
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels
- Open to change, adaptable and flexible with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Excellent computer skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business/finance specialty. Preference given to individuals with a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant Designation. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in accounting or financial management and business operations with increasing responsibilities for a multi-entity employer.
Salary / Benefits
The position will pay competitively based on experience. Benefits include: medical / dental insurance, 401K, dependent care reimbursement accounts, medical reimbursement accounts, paid holiday / vacation and personal time.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.