This is a full-time position where the candidate will be responsible for the accounting operation of the company, including the month end, production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and enforcement of policies, procedures, and controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing internal checks and balances.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Aide in the supervision of all back-office roles and functions
- Evaluate daily cash flow needs; Review/Approve check runs and inter-company transfers
- Oversee reconciliation of Petty Cash
- Ensure accounts payable/receivable are processed in an accurate and timely fashion
- Ensure all corporate taxes such as 1099s, sales and use tax, and property tax returns are submitted timely and accurately.
- Review and certify monthly reconciliations
- Reconcile and close out balance sheet accounts and inter-company GL accounts if necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities such as general accounting, accounts payable, cash disbursements, fixed asset records, and payroll entries
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for Executives
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Work closely with the development and economic evaluation of various fringe benefit programs for the company
- Interface with outside audit firms, banks, lessors, casualty/liability insurance agents, credit card companies, tax preparers, and collection agencies
- Maintain strong oversight regarding expenses of Field Engineering Services
- Enhance, update, and maintain policies and accounting procedures
Skills & Experience (Required)
- 3-5+ years of experience leading/co-leading an accounting team
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively with multiple interruptions
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-through skills
- Clear communications: verbally and written
- Detail oriented; Ability to complete documentation in a timely manner
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels
- Ability to accept constructive criticism in a respectful, open and interactive manner
- Open to change, adaptable and flexible with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Excellent computer skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook
Education/Training/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business/finance specialty. Preference given to individuals with a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant Designation. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in accounting or financial management and business operations with increasing responsibilities for a multi-entity employer.
Salary / Benefits
The position will pay competitively based on experience. Benefits include: medical / dental insurance, 401K, dependent care reimbursement accounts, medical reimbursement accounts, paid holiday / vacation and personal time.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.