The Field Service Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, performing preventive maintenance and perform start-ups on Rubber Testing and Measuring Instruments.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform start-ups on new equipment
- Perform warranty work on new equipment
- Perform instrument preventive maintenance
- Trouble-shoot problems
- Diagnose problems using laptop computer
- Perform repairs
- Process required paperwork in a timely manner
- Responsible for communicating repairs needed to both the customer and service manager
- Responsible for company owned parts inventory, test equipment, tools, and service vehicle
- Responsible for tracking time and expenses each day
- Responsible for cleaning up after themselves.
Ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Willing to travel sometimes over night or over a week
- Good organizational skills
- Able to work well unsupervised
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Good mechanical / electrical aptitude a must
- Able to comprehend and trouble shoot from wiring schematics
- Willingness to train in the company programs to enhance his or her knowledge
- Experience working with testing equipment for a minimum of two year preferred
- Calibration experience preferred
Salary / Benefits
The position will pay competitively based on experience. Benefits include: medical / dental insurance, 401K, dependent care reimbursement accounts, medical reimbursement accounts, paid holiday / vacation and personal time.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.